My Palm Trees 







A brilliant beach of dazzling blue 
My eyes wander, straying to you. 
Your skirt is long and purple in hue. 
We're sunbathing, just us a pair of two. 
My straw hat casts shadows on my face. 
How I love this moment--only in this moment can I erase 
The wildly profound drama and doubt 
That this world spews at me with mystery and clout. 
How is it everyday I am struggling to stand?
My hands on my knees as I beg please, 
Not another social media post about violence, making me ill at ease. 
It's not that I cannot accept that the world isn't perfect, 
But just that every day, every moment of the day I can't hear it. 
It blocks my judgement and weakens my heart. 
It makes me feel as if I want to be in a world apart. 
I have no metal, no shield to deal with this yield of chaos every day. 
Thank the Heavens I have God, He is my sanity. 
That perhaps I am safe in His grasp, 
Underneath this towering palm tree, 
My happy place with a smile on my face, 
Devoid of worry. 


Will the everlasting be one stretch of sea? 

Will I be ever-gazing under a palm tree? 


If so, I'll take it. 

I'll gladly take it. 

And I look forward to all the spring times of May. 
Because rebirth and renewal is what this world needs. 
And for people to care about each other, please. 
I know there is more good in our hearts than bad. 
I choose to shape up and be glad, 
And retreat to my palm trees when things are sad. 

-Jassy Jubilee
10/06/2019




Comments

Popular Posts